LITTLE LEAGUE STATEMENT REGARDING THE CORONA VIRUS
All League District Managers and Presidents for the State of Arizona has met to establish policies regarding how to handle the health crisis.
While Little League has allowed for local flexibility, District 2 has decided to strictly adhere to the ban on all baseball and softball activities until April 6th.
Many area programs, such as Cactus Youth, are also beginning to shut down, and many city programs are being scaled back if not cancelled altogether, so this appears to be an inevitability.
What will this mean for Avondale Little League:
1. All activities, including Opening Day, Pictures, Practices, and other planned events are postponed until April 6th.
2. Teams should not be doing anything together, including trips to the cages.
3. Our "new" Opening Day will be April 18th. with two weeks of practices starting April 6th.
4. The schedule you received this past week will be the schedule going forward, with some exceptions. The league scheduler will be working with the Board and the City to ensure we have fields available.
5. Tournament qualification game counts may be reduced, as it may be impossible for Leagues like Avondale to field tournament teams if the minimum games played is still 12 games.
6. All other activities, including an annual trip to Payson, and any combo leagues may need to be rescheduled or canceled altogether.
Please be patient as all of Little League understands how disruptive this is to all of our schedules and our lives.
In the advent of school closures and other limitations to our activities, worrying about little league is less important.
You will also see some text blasts from Maria on this, and this will also be posted on Facebook.
If you have any questions, please ask them at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all questions in batches so everyone knows the questions being asked and the answers we'll provide.
Avondale Little League Board of Directors
Our Fundraising has begun!
As you know, every family is required to participate in a fundraiser. We have several options available this year.
Our goal is $60 per player.
Please note that no more monies should come out of your pocket unless you want to, and you can also participate in as many fundraisers as you want.
Here are your options:
1. Share your hit-a-thon pages via email, social media, or text. That's all you need to do. Have more than one child? Send a link to Twitter for one player, Facebook for another, and email for another
2. Donate 2 hours of time at our concession stand to raise $60 of funds. You're going to be there anyway, right? Just one game day for two hours honors your commitment
3. Donate $60 worth of items to concessions. An example of this is a case of water, a 12 pack of pop, and a large can of chili. A $12 grocery store purchase will generate $60 in sales. HOWEVER, wait to meet with your team to divide your purchases, as we don't want 100 cases of water and nothing else.
4. Opt out of the fundraiser by making a $60 tax deductible donation to the main hit-a-thon fundraiser page for each player
Remember, we are a volunteer community organization that works hard to provide for our kids, so please donate your time and resources to our league. We know it's hard enough to get your kids to practices and games, but every little bit helps.
WE HAVE PAYMENT PLANS IN CASE YOU NEED ONE at our onsite registration times only.We take credit and debit cards online, and all forms of payment at our on-site registration locations. Avondale Little League does not turn away families who may be unable to pay in full. We want to see everyone come out and play. Contact us at email@example.com for more information. Remember, for Spring, we have to follow boundary rules, so you must live within or go to school within the boundaries of the City of Avondale, with the exception of areas WEST of Dysart Road and north of Thomas Road. That area is Litchfield Park Little League.
If you want to register with Avondale Little League, you must fill out a waiver form requesting to play out of your home boundaries. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org more information. Our Fall Ball program has no boundary restrictions.
PRICING - A $25 late fee will be added to the fees below
TBall and Coach Pitch $90 Minor and Major Kid Pitch $105 Intermediate Baseball $110 Junior/Senior Softball $110 Junior/Senior Baseball $150
A $3 convenience fee applies if you pay with credit/debit. We accept all forms of payment at On-Site locations, and only debit/credit on-line.